In the JHNM, the studies which have not been published elsewhere, which are not being evaluated by the referee and evaluated by the Editorial Board and Advisory Board are published. All rights of published studies belong to the JHNM. If the journal is cited, the journal should be identified as the source. If the study was previously presented at a scientific meeting or produced from master/doctoral thesis, it should be in the beginning of the title page. As JHNM is indexed in Turkey Citation Index, it is suggested to cite other national journals in Turkey Citation Index in the manuscripts (www.atifdizini.com).
Manuscripts are written in Turkish and English are published in JHNM.
Double-Blind Review And Evaluation Process
The decision to publish all manuscripts submitted to the journal belongs to the editor-in-chief. However, editors shape these decisions in line with the reviewers' recommendations.
In the double-blind review process, the study's evaluation process is completely anonymous, which improves the quality of scientific publications and leads to an objective evaluation
In this system, only the editor knows each stage. In this system authors do not know who the reviewer is, and the reviewers do not know whose work they are evaluating. Thus, biased evaluation of the work by the reviewers is prevented. In addition, since the author does not know the reviewers, he/she can not possibly get contact with the reviewer, and influence him/her through ‘special routes’. From this point of view, the double- blind review process is thought to provide objective evaluation and increase the equal opportunity.
For these reasons, all studies submitted to JHNM are subject to double-blind review. At least two reviewers expert in their fields, will evaluate each submitted work. Every effort is spent by the editors for quick evaluation of the manuscripts. The editor is the final decision-making authority in the evaluation processes of all manuscript.
The manuscript sent to the journal is firstly examined by the editorial board according to reviewers’ evaluation criteria regarding the purpose and scope of the journal, conformity to the rules of writing, and English and Turkish language proficiency, scientific conformity, originality and formal conformity (abstract, introduction, methods, findings, discussion and conclusions etc.)
As a result of this assessment, the manuscripts which do not comply with the publication rules and the publication policy of the journal are returned to the responsible author. The studies deemed appropriate by the editorial board are directed to the process of reviewers’ evaluation.
Reviewer Evaluation Process
According to the content of the manuscripts, the editors are appointed by determining at least two reviewers who have current studies in the related field and at least two experts. In order to make the evaluation process faster, the appointment of three reviewers are usually tried and the process is terminated when two reviewers return. Reviewers evaluate the study and complete the reporting phase by filling out the evaluation form from the system.
The reviewers evaluate the manuscript in terms of scientific suitability, purpose, method, discussion, results, contribution to the literature, and evaluation form. The study can be directly accepted as well as requested to be corrected or rejected. In case of a request for correction, the suggestions from the reviewers are notified to the authors and expected to make the corrections requested from the author (s).
The correction suggestions from the reviewers or editors are required to be completed by the authors in accordance with the request of the "Revision" as soon as possible. The reviewers can decide the suitability of the study by examining the corrections they want, and they can request more than one correction when necessary. The reviewer evaluation process can continue until all requests for the manuscript are approved by the reviewers. In the event that there is a difference of opinion among the appointed reviewers, the manuscript is decided by the editor in line with the opinion of the third reviewers determined.
Manuscript deemed appropriate by the reviewers are sent to the statistics editor when needed. The manuscripts that get the approval of the statistics editor are accepted and the next stage is passed.
The studies accepted by the reviewers opinios and the decision of the editor are published according to the date of acceptance, the subject area and the research, compilation, etc. There is a number to be published considering the distribution. In this process, the studies that received negative opinions about acceptance are sent back to the author without being placed under plagiarism control. The acceptance decision of the studies with positive opinions is finalized according to the results of statistical analysis and plagiarism inspection reports. In Journal of Health and Nursing Management, the manuscripts are expected to be completed in about six months according to the acceptance process, reviewer and author returns, but this period may be extended depending on the corrections requested by the reviewers and editor and the return periods of the authors.
Checklist for Authors
- It should be ensured that the submitted study has not been previously published in another journal or is not in the evaluation stage.
- Make sure that author’s name, institutional information, ethics committee document, letter of thanks, etc. are not in the text section of the study. Also, make sure that your name is not registered on the computer where you are organizing your study. This is of great importance in terms of being able to be handled impartially in the reviewer evaluation of your study based on the principle of "double blind reviewer evaluation".
- Preparation of the manuscript should be completed by paying attention to the 'LAST CHECKLIST' at the end of this section.
- It should not be forgotten that if your study is found sufficient and appropriate in terms of subject, it will be included in plagiarism control and citations to be included in the scope of plagiarism should be avoided while preparing the study text.
- If the manuscript was produced from a thesis, a oral presentation or a poster presentation etc. the place and date of its presentation should be stated on the cover page and given as a footnote.
- It is obligatory to upload the right of publishing contract form (Copyright Transfer Agreement Form) of the study to the system and since this form cannot be passed to the next stage without loading, the form must be filled before the article upload phase. In addition to transmitting the right of publishing contract form in the online system, it should also be sent to the editorial board via e-mail or fax.
- When the work comes back to the author (s) for revision (with a revision request), after the control is made, if the title and summary section of the study have been changed, the manuscript submission steps should be followed and the content should be updated.
- In the last information sent by the publishing house to publish the study, it should be known that no changes can be made after the study is published and should be carefully checked in this context.